03 April 2015

A to Z Challenge: C is for Cloud Atlas



Movie: Cloud Atlas (2012)

Overall Rating: 4 / 5

General Impression: Really, super impressed.

I don't know why it had taken me so long to watch this movie because I really, really enjoyed it. Just about everything else the Wachowski's have been a part of I've really enjoyed (except the Matrix sequels...). Overall I thought the movie was brilliant and can't really fault anything out of the whole movie. There was romance, sci-fi, action, adventure, heartache, and a lot of feels. My only criticism is that some of the storylines moved at a slow pace and because of that there was a bit of confusion as to how and why it related to the overall story arc. 

5 comments:

  1. I've not seen this film but I did read the book and wondered how they would do it, then I saw an article in a magazine showing that they had the same actors playing all of the different characters. It's really intriguing and I'll have to watch it at some point.

    Cait @ Click's Clan

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I didn't know it was a book before I watched the movie so I can't make any comparisons. But whether it matches up or not, visually you won't be disappointed.

      Delete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This one looks fascinating. Want to see this one.

    ReplyDelete
  4. One of my all-time favorite movies. Stunning visuals and well done overall considering the complexity of the book!

    ReplyDelete