04 April 2015

A to Z Challenge: D is for Dragon: The Bruce Lee Story





Movie: Dragon: The Bruce Lee Story (1993)

Overall Rating: 4 / 5

General Impression: Love it.

The movie was originally released in 1993 and I watched it as a kid a couple of times -Before I started Taekwondo- and it didn't that much to me. As I got older and started watching all sorts of martial arts movies and learned about martial arts icons, the more I knew about Bruce Lee's influence in martial arts and the world of cinema.

It felt right to re-watch the movie as an adult and considering its production in the 90's of a story that takes place in the 60's and 70's, it's a really well done movie. Sure it feels short by today's standards of 180min epics, but it's a well balanced story that captures the ups and downs of a legend. Other movies will be made, but Jascon Scott Lee was there first.

3 comments:

  1. I've honestly never seen this movie. But I've never been a huge fan of the martial arts movies to begin with. Maybe I'll have to give it a watch after all.

    <a href="https://njmagas.wordpress.com/“>N J Magas, author</a>

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Martial Arts plays a big role in the movie, but there are many other elements in this movie: romance, cultural and societal beliefs and challenges, friendships, family. There would be something for everyone. :)

      Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  2. Wow, it's been so long since I've seen this one. The conspiracy theories still abound as to wether he was murdered or it was natural causes.

    ReplyDelete