08 April 2015

A to Z Challenge: G is for GI Joe: Retaliation




Movie: GI Joe: Retaliation (2013)

Overall Rating: 1 / 5

General Impression: I am never getting that time back...

OK.

So.

Action. Check. A bit of sci fi tech. Check. Explosions. Check. Reduced expectations. Check.

Still disappointed.

Like, words cannot describe the sheer disappointment of having spent time watching this movie.

As I mentioned, my expectations were already reduced when I saw that Channing Tatum, The Rock, and Bruce Willis were starring in this movie. But seriously, it put me to sleep: the plot was predictable, the action was predictable and unrealistic, and the humour wasn't... humourous.

Please, don't make the same mistake I did and waste the 120 odd minutes of your life watching this.

7 comments:

  1. I enjoyed the G.I. Joe films. My favorite part was the actors. Hehe

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah, well, eye candy doesn't go unwarranted. ;)

      Delete
  2. I watched it the other day on Netflix. It was enjoyable enough for that, but yeah, definitely glad I skipped out on seeing it in the theater. It was lacking compared to the first film.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I didn't really rate the first one either! I hope this franchise dies... Quickly.

      Delete
  3. Hello there.
    Two very good actors!
    Thanks for sharing.

    Entrepreneurial Goddess

    ReplyDelete
  4. The first gi joe movie was so much better that this one, but I grew up with the original cartoon series of the 80s and am a purist when it comes to storyline.

    ReplyDelete