18 April 2015

A to Z Challenge: P is for Pacific Rim





Movie: Pacific Rim (2013)

Overall Rating: 4 / 5

General Impression: OMG where has this been all my life?

When was the last time there was a good Mech movie? Transformers don't count because they're sentient beings. But MECHS. And Sci fi. And action. And I loved it even though the plot was pretty straight forward. The characters didn't have a magnitude of depth but added to the story well enough. Well worth the watch (and also, small Sons of Anarchy reunion?)

7 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like a great movie, and I don't know where, but I have heard of it! Thanks for the reminder. I like Mech stories, read all I could find in the library some years ago (it had a great scifi section). Thanks for visiting my blog!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm not familiar with this movie. Reading the title of this post, I thought it was something like 'Trans-Pacific Partnership' at first...
    Now, I've learned something new.

    Thank you for your comment in my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I LOVED this movie. Such great fun and a great story. We got giant monsters battling giant mechs AND character development.

    Mako Mori is the best.

    --
    Tim Brannan, The Other Side Blog
    2015 A to Z of Vampires
    http://theotherside.timsbrannan.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. Given that I was a big Gundam Wing fan in college, I fan girled over this movie big time. It was like a dream come true. Mecha anime done live.

    ReplyDelete