21 April 2015

A to Z Challenge: R is for Rocky



Movie: Rocky (1976)

Overall Rating: 5 / 5

General Impression: Fantastic movie.

Even though the movie is nearly 40 years old it's fantastic and I'm sure it took the cinematic world by surprise (and by storm?). It has everything a good story needs: good plot, good characters, romance, action, and a happy ending.

I only found out later than Sylvester Stallone had also written the script and this surprised me as well. Up to the point of watching this movie I had only seen Stallone act in movies that made him look simplistic, if not stupid, and knowing that he as an actor, writer, producer, director, etc could be so much more.

This is one of the few "classic" movies that I've watched and that actually lives up to the hype of being amazing. If you haven't watched it, you definitely need to.

4 comments:

  1. It's been a while since I've seen any of the Rocky movies. I remember the one with the big Russian dude the best because of that sad moment when Rocky's friend dies.

    ~Patricia Lynne aka Patricia Josephine~
    Member of C. Lee's Muffin Commando Squad
    Story Dam
    Patricia Lynne, Indie Author

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think that was Rocky 3? In Rocky 2 there was the rematch so it must be the 3rd one. Haha, there are too many for us to keep track of!

      Delete
  2. Interesting that Stallone wrote the script ... thank you! A classic it is.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He's written scripts for several movies apparently, including The Expendables franchise.

      Delete