22 April 2015

A to Z Challenge: S is for Star Trek: Into Darkness



Movie: Star Trek: Into Darkness (2013)

Overall Rating: 4 / 5

General Impression: It's Star Trek, what do you think I'm going to say?

I wouldn't say Star Trek fell victim to the Sequel's Curse, but the movie did have moments of boring. I know sometimes you have to slow down in order to set up a plot point, especially if the motives of the characters are going to be believable.

While all the main cast of protagonists and the antagonist, Khan (played by Benedict Cumberbatch) were all superb in their acting and the portrayal of their characters, the one that really annoyed me was Dr Carol Marcus (played by Alice Eve). I'm not sure what it was: the portrayal of her motives? The actress itself? The questionable underwear scene? The fact that she didn't really add to the plot or anyone's character development? The she wasn't really an interesting female character (in fact she pales in comparison to Uhura's caracter)?

Overall though, it was a solid sequel to the series reboot and worthwhile watching.

4 comments:

  1. I opted to skip seeing this in theaters. The trailers did nothing to interest me. It's on Netflix and I plan to watch it one of these days.

    ~Patricia Lynne aka Patricia Josephine~
    Member of C. Lee's Muffin Commando Squad
    Story Dam
    Patricia Lynne, Indie Author

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Have you watched the first of the rebooted series?

      Delete
  2. I also never really got into Star Trek, I don't know why ...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Definitely is an acquired taste. I grew up watching EVERY one of the series and movies so the reboot is really satisfying to watch.

      Delete