25 April 2015

A to Z Challenge: V is for Veronica Guerrin





Movie: Veronica Guerrin (2003)

Overall Rating: 4.5 / 5

General Impression: Such a powerful movie.

I don't just love this movie because Cate Blanchett manages to master yet another accent for another powerful story. It's such a heartbreaking story of the conditions of Ireland in the 90's and one woman who refuses to be intimidated by the task at hand. The ending isn't happy or sad: change does happen but only after the death of Vernoica.

Don't think that was a spoiler. The movie is based on a true story, the actual Veronica Guerrin and if you would Google the name you would quickly find out she is, tragically, dead.

Definitely worth a watch, and make sure you have a box of tissues handy.

2 comments:

  1. I haven't seen this movie, but I have wanted to for a while now. I never have time to go to the theatre, but I need to start making time. I love Cate Blanchett. She is amazing in every film she is in.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cate Blanchett is the only woman I've ever seen that can pull off ANY accent she needs to.

      Delete