27 April 2015

A to Z Challenge: W is for Warriors





Movie: Warrior (2011)

Overall Rating: 5 / 5

General Impression: Fantastic!

So, not a typical martial arts movie. More like a sports drama if I had to call it anything, just the sport happens to be MMA and some great fight scenes that happen along the way.

I don't really know how to talk about the movie in a good way without spoiling the whole plot but I will try: the plot does center around one family of a dad and his two estranged sons. The whole story gets set into motion when a chance to win a lot of money comes around and both brothers, unbeknownst to each other, start training towards achieving the same prize.

The characters and story have surprising depth considering it's an MMA sports drama. Every character was well cast and I almost didn't recognize Tom Hardy. Those traps... And he busted out an American accent, which is better than a lot of other UK to US actors have managed to achieve.

Definitely worth a watch!

2 comments:

  1. I haven't heard of that movie, but I don't go to them very often.

    Thanks for stopping by my blog!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello there.
    Well done for sticking with the challenge thus far...only a few more letters 'til the end!
    Thanks for sharing.

    Entrepreneurial Goddess

    ReplyDelete