30 April 2015

A to Z Challenge: Z is for Zero Dark Thirty



Movie: Zero Dark Thirty (2012)

Overall Rating: 4 / 5

General Impression: Really excellent watch.

The story is about the decade long man hunt for Osama Bin Laden. I really hate to watch any scenes to do with torture, but I'm not kidding myself in that what was presented in the movie had already been softened significantly. I'm also not naive to the fact that torture happens all the time by all governments, but that doesn't mean I want to watch it necessarily. Or that it adds to the plot or characters development.

While it did add to the plot in this movie, I still wasn't keen on watching it.

There was a strong cast to support the plot and I was held in suspense a lot. And of course, watching a strong female lead always gets support from me.

2 comments:

  1. I liked this movie, but I expected to like it more. Like you said, the cast was great. I guess all the hype about the movie had me anticipating it for so long and the movie didn't live up to the hype. It was above average, but in no way one of my favorite movies.

    Loved your theme

    ReplyDelete
  2. Still catching up on the A to Z! I have a difficult time watching war movies on the big screen - I tend to get too stressed out. But I did rent this to watch at home, and I found it well-acted and fairly close to what I read/knew of the story.

    ReplyDelete